Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Sketchbook Project -2011

This is my book that I submitted for the Sketchbook project for the Art House Co-op in Brooklyn, NY, http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject . The theme I chose was jackets, sheets and blankets.I took apart the book and made my own pages out of watercolor paper. The top picture is the first two pages in the book and the bottom is the cover of the book. Which I glued nicer paper on the outside and inside. 

I wanted to do more with my art, but unfortunately I fractured my left hand and could not do the kind of art I wanted to. If I had only started earlier instead of procrastinating.  Maybe next year.

I am planning to look at the books when they come near me (Austin) in March. It is kind of cool to be part of this big call for art.

2 comments:

Angie in AZ said...

Very nice. I procrastinated until last week! I"m thankful the deadline was extended because I still have to finish my cover and rebind my book! EEk! I plan to work on it some tomorrow afternoon and finish up on Monday. I wanted to do so many things differently in mine than I did but just didn't have time... rather, I procrastinated and didn't make the time. :(

Robin said...

Very cool pages Livia. So sorry to hear about your hand....I do hope you are doing better.

Hugs,
Robin