Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Green Page - Handmade Journal

This is a  spread from the journal I made from watercolor paper. The top picture is  the full spread open. The bottom picture is a detail photograph of the lower right hand corner of the spread. 


The paper on the borders and throughout the spread were created by first using some cheap copy paper and sprayed it with some ink. I then used a heat gun to dry the paper. I rubber stamped images into  columns filling up the paper. The paper was then ripped into different size strips and glued along the borders and filling in other spaces.


The photograph I took in the bottom detail is an old house near Santa Fe, New Mexico. I made a copy of the photograph in black and white. The image was then hand colored with markers and torn to fit the page.

No comments: